Agrichemical Product Development Officer (KZN) (LC_623)
Durban – South Africa
BSc +Hons/Masters Agriculture / Conservation Biology / Ecology; ideally should have 1 year + experience with field trials, preferably with the use of herbicides or other crop protection products; statistical data analysis experience; management skills; communication skills in English and Afrikaans; willing to travel extensively.
Location: KwaZulu-Natal Midlands
Salary: dependant on skills and experience
Fantastic opportunity to join a company with a focus on producing environmentally compatible agrichemicals to the local and international market. If you are a university-trained Ecologist/ Agricultural scientist, curious, hard-working, experienced in field trial design and implementation this may be the break you’ve been waiting for!
The position involves planning, implementing, managing and statistical data assessment of field trials for innovative, environmentally compatible agrichemicals. Client and team interaction are integral in the role making good communication skills essential (in English and preferentially also Afrikaans). Must be a self-motivated, adaptable individual who is organised, practical & willing to learn on their feet. There is scope for growth and development in the organisation.
- BSc Hons Agric / MSc Agric / MSc Ecology, Conservation Biology or related
- Ideally 1y+ experience with field trial design, implementation, evaluation experience
- Experience with herbicides a distinct advantage
- Statistical data analysis skills
- Great communication skills (written + oral in English and preferentially Afrikaans)
- Leadership and management skills
- High degree of physical fitness
- Willing to travel
- Comfortable public speaker
- Highly computer literate
Commencement: Ideally August 2022
Application information: Please apply online below with your CV+ letter of motivation describing your experience relating to this role.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted