Export Sales Rep: Micro & Molecular Biology (JHB) (LC_678)
BSc Hons/MSc Microbiology/Biochemistry/related + at least 3 yrs’ experience in microbiology & molecular lab-based applications. Strong understanding of customer requirements, previous sales experience, with outstanding command of English. OWN CAR, Code 08 driver’s license, VALID PASSPORT + willing to travel into Sub-Saharan Africa.
Salary: basic + incentives and benefits
An established SA distributor of high-quality imported Lab Instruments & Consumables is recruiting for an experienced Sales Rep in their expanding Export Sales department to oversee the Microbiology & Molecular Biology portfolio. The role will include travel, visiting various customers in the fields of research, academic, pathology, and clinical-related environments. The purpose of the position is to develop new business and generate leads, implementing sales and marketing plans, with the goal of expanding the current customer base and making sales of instrumentation & consumables. Travel into Africa is integral to the role. Responsibilities may include calling customers, setting up meetings with customers, offering relevant product workflow solutions, doing equipment demonstrations, and providing high quality after sales service, sales reporting, and forecasting.
The company holds licenses for products applied in the Biotech, Chemical; & Health Science industries in SA and specific markets on the African continent, including Zimbabwe, Uganda, Malawi, and some East African countries.
- BSc Hons OR MSc in Micro/Biochem, or related discipline
- 3 yrs’ work experience in microbiology & molecular lab-based applications
- Sales experience in the Science industry, preferably into Africa
- Highly skilled in communications and presentations in English
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Independent worker with highly developed people skills
- Code 08 Drivers license & OWN CAR
- VALID PASSPORT + willing to travel out of SA frequently
Application information: Please apply online below.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.