Junior Scientist: Cell culture production (LC_672)
BSc Hons in Cell Biology / Biotechnology field with experience maintaining mammalian cell culture. 1 yr work experience. Excellent aseptic technique. Experience in cultivated meat advantageous.
Happy to work weekends and/or after hours to support cell culture maintenance when required.
Should ideally reside in Cape Town.
Location: Woodstock, Cape Town
Salary: Market related, based on experience
Do you have a BSc Honours in Cell Biology and 1 years’ work experience in a commercial lab and hands on experience in mammalian cell culture?
This role aims to support the R&D protocol development being conducted in the production of cultured meat. Day-to-day responsibilities include independently conducting routine cell culture, isolation, subculturing, maintenance, and cryopreservation of mammalian cells. Adhering to good lab practices, lab duties will include preparing reagents and buffers, keeping detailed records of results and ensuring routine maintenance of the lab equipment. This role forms part of a collaborative team within the companies R&D department and requires coordination, planning and presenting updates to colleagues regarding project plans, projections & milestones acchieved.
- BSc Hons Cell Biology / Biotechnology / related
- 12 months+ work experience in a commercial lab
- Practical experience growing & maintaining mammalian cell cultures is essential
- Excellent aseptic technique & ability to work independently in the lab
- Ability to communicate effectively & collaborate with team members
- Proactive, resourceful, conducting routine work systematically
- A self-driven, conscientious, and meticulous work ethic
- Must be flexible to work afterhours/weekends when required
Commencement: As soon as possible
Application information: Please apply online below
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted