Process Engineer/Material Scientist: Polymers (Jubail, KSA) (LC_654)
Scientific (Technical) ~ Engineering (Chemical)
MSc / PhD in Process / Chemical Engineering, Catalysis or Material Science; 4 years+ hands on, work experience in petrochemical / polymers industry. Proficiency in predictive modelling tools (e.g., kinetic, thermo/hydrodynamic modelling, material properties). Excellent communication & presentation skills in English. Excited to expand your career internationally.
Location: Jubail, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA)
Salary: Highly competitive, with benefits (+ all expenses associated to the relocation process)
We are incredibly excited to team up with a global giant in the petrochemicals industry. The company’s manufacturing, sales, technology and innovation facilities are located throughout the globe and are managed by four regional offices: the MEA, Asia, the Americas & EU. Their Polymers Technology Division develop and implement novel catalyst systems, competitive processes, and differentiated products/applications. The Polyethylene / Polypropylene (PE/PP) Technology teams focus on various technology platforms; gas phase and slurry PE, solution PE/PP, gas phase and liquid PP. The new role/s will assist in working towards the development & implementation of innovation programs, across various market applications and industries.
Successful candidates will be involved in various R&D activities & projects, for e.g., leading and driving highly impactful, innovative research programs on application development; enhancing polyolefin production processes & product performance efficiencies; communicating with & translating customer requirements & specifications into processing plans and DOE; collaborating in multidisciplinary settings; and developing innovations in polyolefin process, catalyst, and application technologies.
- MSc or PhD in Process / Chemical Engineering, Catalysis or Material Science.
- 4 yrs + proven, hands on, work experience in an industry work-based setting,
- Proficiency in predictive modelling tools, (e.g., kinetic, thermo/hydrodynamic modelling, material properties)
- Demonstrable experience in either process design engineering / material science /catalysis / application development methods
- Ambitious to grow your experience with process development and implementation in an industrial R&D setting in the field of PE/PP technology
- Experience in customer and external interactions / presentations in English
- Valid Passport at time of application & ability to submit supporting documents
These positions are based in Jubail, Saudia Arabia, on a 2-year renewable contract. The company has the goal to create a team of co-workers who can develop professionally and personally to the fullest, and thus are focused on offering candidates the best in benefits for themselves and their families. Employees may stay on at the company for many years and live well as expats in KSA.
Commencement: Within the next few months; ~ September 2023
Application information: Please apply online below.
When applying for this role please include a cover letter, being specific and describing the significance of your experience relating to this role.
Feel free to direct any queries to Lauren@lumarecruiting.com
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted