Product Applications Technologist: Meat (CT) (LC_662)
BSc Hons/ MSc in Food Technology / Food Science. 1-3 years working experience in food R&D in industry &/ food ingredient manufacturing environment (preferably in meat). Mechanically minded. SA citizen, own car & driver’s license, willing to travel. Must be presentable, with great communication skills, and have a passion & drive for innovation.
Location: Cape Town
Salary: Based on experience (includes benefits)
Are you a young, qualified Food Scientist, with experience in innovative food applications, and willing to travel?
An established Food Ingredient Manufacturing & Innovation company is recruiting for a Food Scientist to work closely with the New Product Development team, developing new products, establishing product application trials, visiting customers to carry out technical training, do on-site testing of equipment & evaluation of their products. Act as a technical advisory to customers, the role requires support the sales team by providing technical advice and researching potential new markets.
- BSc Hons / MSc in Food Science (or relevant degree)
- 1- 3 years working experience in R&D food production (ideally in meat)
- A passion for and experience with food innovation processes
- Mechanically & instrumentation minded, willing to learn
- Excellent communication skills, well-presented, hardworking
- Driver’s license & own vehicle, willing to travel
- SA citizen
** Due to the nature of the products sampled and tasted while working in this role, candidates need to be able to eat meat (including pork products).
Commencement: As soon as possible
Application information: Please apply online at https://bit.ly/475vs6U
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted