Product Manager: Molecular & Cell Biology (LC_626)
Scientific (Marketing & Branding)
Johannesburg – South Africa
MSc (Life or Medical Science related); Marketing / Business Admin. qualification advantageous, minimum of 3 years product management or marketing experience; Commercial business experience critical; practical experience with molecular and/or cell biology required, SA citizen; valid driver’s license; willing to travel regularly.
A South African supplier of international, high quality lab products and consumables is recruiting for a suitably trained and experienced Product Manager to join their team. The Company is positioned in the Life Science industry, providing product solutions to both Service and Research Laboratories. The product ranges are aimed at both researchers and technologists in the disciplines of Molecular Biology, Cell Biology and Medical Diagnostics.
The Product Manager will oversee both Supplier and Customer relationships related to their portfolio of leading Molecular & Cell Biology brands (including functions in Sales, Marketing and Training). The role also involves strategic development and implementation of cross functional marketing plans and driving demand for product ranges in customers domain.
This is a great Employer to work for- providing support and an inclusive, dynamic team environment.
- MSc in Molecular Biology/ Biotechnology/ Life Science/ Biochemistry etc.
- Qualification in marketing or business administration advantageous
- 3 years’+ experience in Product Management/Marketing related role
- Commercial business & commercial communication experience
- Relevant molecular & cell biology knowledge & experience
- Experience with negotiating with suppliers & with government tender processes
- Personal competencies: independent work management (time & planning); interpersonal skills; exceptional communication skills; ability to work under pressure; ability to provide solutions when faced with a challenge
- South African citizen with a valid driver’s license
Commencement: As soon as possible or as soon as the candidate is available to start.
Application information: please apply online below.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted