R&D Flavourist: Food (CT) (LC_675)
MSc/BSc Food Science / Chemistry or related; 3-5y work experience in the flavour industry working with a Senior Flavourist. Experience in product development. Familiarity working with GCMS (performing own analysis will be ideal). Previous experience with SAP advantageous. South African citizen. Able to taste a variety of food and beverages, including alcohol.
Location: Paarl, Western Cape
Salary: Market related
A Global Flavour Producer is seeking an enthusiastic Flavourist to join their team in a new flavour lab. The position is a new role focused on sweet and beverage flavours and will suit a food scientist who has gained 3 – 5 years’ experience in a junior flavour role.
Main areas of responsibility will include (yet aren’t limited to):
- Developing flavours, flavour emulsions and spray dries,
- Interpreting GCMS results to create flavours and emulsions,
- Emulsion recipe formulation from a customer recipe level,
- Evaluating flavour raw materials and how to apply them,
- Record-keeping of samples coming in and going out of the lab,
- Ensuring the maintenance of product-specific substance data in SAP,
- Independent working ability, delivering on milestones outlined by Senior Flavourist.
- MSc/BSc Food Science/Food Chemistry or related,
- At least 3y independent work experience in a Flavour Lab,
- Familiar working with GCMS analysis,
- Proven NPD experience, with a customer focused approach,
- Project management skills, ability to use initiative,
- Able to taste a variety of food and beverages, including alcohol.
Commencement: Ideally Jan/Feb 2024.
Application information: please apply online below.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.