Sales Specialist (Molecular Biology): Cape Town (LC_679)
Post grad. qualification (MSc OR PhD) in a Molecular Biology related field, with 3-5 years sales experience in a life science / clinical diagnostics sales environment preferred, experienced in NGS library preparation, PCR & qPCR. Must have a valid code 8 driver’s license, own a vehicle and be a SA citizen. **Only candidates residing in Cape Town considered.
Location: Cape Town (servicing Western Cape region, plus Eastern Cape on occasion)
Salary: Based on experience (includes provident), + reimbursee monthly travel claims
A well renowned SA distributor of high-quality instrumentation, and consumables is recruiting for a qualified & experienced individual in the position of a Sales Specialist. This company provides their lab-based customers with molecular and cell biology-based workflow solutions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for making sales by building relationships with current and new customers, conducting business development activities, visiting labs, doing equipment demonstrations, conducting after sales service and complying with company processes. The position covers the Western Cape and surrounding regions from the Cape Town office. Trips to Eastern Cape are planned on occasion. Working hours are 8-5pm, where more than half the day is spent visiting customers & thereafter conducting planning & reporting activities. Travel is integral to this role.
- Post grad qualification (minimum of MSc/PhD) in a Molecular Biology related discipline (Biomedical Science, Biotechnology, Genetics, Biochemistry etc.)
- Independent lab experience incl. PCR, RT-PCR, NGS library preparation
- Outstanding communication skills (English)
- Previous sales experience in similar industry preferred (3-5 years)
- Strategic thinker, self-motivated, goal driven problem solver
- Professional personal presentation
- Willing to travel
- Valid & endorsed code 8 driver’s license and must have own vehicle
Kindly note: our client has requested a 30 second video telling us about yourself. Should you be contacted by us for shortlisting, this video will be requested from you.
Commencement: As soon as possible, or when ideal candidate is available.
Application information: Please apply online below.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted