Senior Bioprocess Scientist / Engineer (CT) (LC_639)
Scientific (Technical) ~ Engineering (Chemical)
Cape Town – Western Cape – South Africa
Completed MSc / M. Eng degree in Bioprocess Engineering / Biotechnology with 3+ years’ work experience. Proven experience and working knowledge of large bioreactors (25L+) including experience selecting, installing, and operating them. Experience in mammalian cell culture highly preferred. Ideally suited to South African citizens, or non-citizens with a valid work permit.
Location: Salt River, Cape Town
Terms: Full-time, min 40hrs/wk, flexible hours, permanent role, with 3-month probation.
This is a new vacancy in an exciting up-and-coming start-up in Cape Town. The company is currently pioneering the bioprocessing of cells to biomass, from pilot-plant to large scale bioreactors, with the end goal of commercialising bio-production, specific for use in the food industry. This senior level role is multifaceted and involves niche expertise in research and development in the bio-manufacturing / bio-production process, making use of bioreactor vessels, where one ideally would require working knowledge of bioreactor vessel hardware, controller automation, and mammalian cell culture data analyses experience.
With the junior team, this collaborative role seeks to design and implement product development processes, while reducing costs, improving yields, and ensuring quality /process consistency are maintained. Overseeing operations, production, project strategy & team development within the unit are also core to the role. The ideal candidate will work independently, pivot research goals together with the team and ensure projected milestones are successfully reached.
- MSc Bioprocess Engineering / biotechnology qualification, to master’s level+
- No less than 3 years working experience, post qualification
- Good working knowledge of large bioreactors (25L+) with experience selecting, installing hardware, and operating bioreactors
- Bioreactor automation experience
- Experience in mammalian cell culture highly preferred
- Excellent communications skills, spoken & written
- Ability to lead, collaborate with team members
- Self-driven, solution-orientated, flexible approach
Commencement: As soon as possible / January 2023
Application information: Please apply online below
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted