Senior Scientist: Immunology (CT) (LC_624)
Cape Town – South Africa
MSc / PhD + (Medical Science, Biochemistry, Immunology, Cell Biology) AND 4-6 years’ working experience in a leadership role in a GCLP / GLP accredited laboratory, designing & validating immunoassay methods with hands on flow cytometry experience. Must be a South African citizen, with a driver’s license and own transport. Ideally based in Cape Town already, OR willing to relocate.
Location: Cape Town
An exciting senior scientist role has become available at a Medical Biotechnology company in Cape Town. Due to expansion in their Immunoassay portfolio, they require a detail-orientated, hard-working scientist with strong leadership skills and hands on experience in developing and validating flow cytometry and related immunoassay techniques in the clinical/medical environment. The company is a leader in their field and provides specialist analytical and assay development services within the clinical and pharmaceutical industry.
- MSc / PhD + in medical biosciences / biochemistry / human life sciences etc.
- 4-6+ years’ working experience with flow cytometry & related assays in a medical research laboratory according to GCLP / GLP (this is ESSENTIAL)
- Planning, Development and Management of immunoassay related research
- Previous experience in immunoassay design, ability to troubleshoot & lead scientists
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Valid driver’s license
- Own transport
- South African citizenship already residing in Cape Town/willing to relocate
Commencement: As soon as available to start
Application information: Please apply online with a cover letter outlining your experience and how this relates to the above requirements.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted